I'm not crawling on the floor ill, but decided to be sensible for once and stop myself from doing anything that would make me feel worse and prevent me from going later in the week. The last time I exercised with a cold (parkrun, Christmas day), I ended up with full blown boxing day can't-get-off-the-sofa snot/wheeze fun times. Still. Just because I used common sense for once doesn't mean I can't sulk about it. Plus, A has gone on ahead without me, without so much as sideways head cock in sympathy of my plight. Bastard. Doesn't he know that lady colds are so much worse than manflu? Delicate creatures and all that.
Hey ho, though. I'm not dying, and I've been gifted a pocket of extra day to do with what I will (except for lift heavy things...goddammit, I want to lift the heavy things!!). And, the fact that my brain hit the "nope" button two runs in a row this week at mile 5 feels like it makes more sense. As does yesterday's weirdness at work:
- Wanted to cry every time someone asked me a question at work. My job is to sit in a chair answering questions.
- Ear popped in middle of phone call, making me deaf and introducing a pleasant "WEEEEEEEEEH!!" noise to my head that lasted 2 whole hours.
- Cleverly placed fist in boiling hot mug of tea while chatting.
- Somehow managed to trip over a closed door.
- Karate chopped headset off head while on phone. Far as aware, customer oblivious. I hope.
Just in case you also feel like a badger's arse and need cheering up too, here is a picture of my cat meeting balloons for the first time. Happy Hump Day!