....aaaand we have internet! A month into living in my first ever owned home (not renting, not squatting in, not sitting in the bushes outside of...owned!), and I am finally connected to the big, invisible web of Youtube videos of animals playing the keyboard and ranting weirdos on Facebook. Now I'm home =)
Obligatory "look, I've got some keys!" photo. I am wearing a top, and I do have boobs.
Both top and boobs are both just possibly hanging out with my knees... Or I was so excited that morning that I put my head on the wrong way round and the fleshy area you see is really my back. Who knows.
...Did I mention I've got a house??
A brief catch up on my to-ings and doings(because I'm feeling too lazy this lovely, bright Sunday to think of an actual post with a proper structure and theme (you know, like all the other masterpieces I've flung onto this thing like a monkey throwing poop):
- I may never move house again in my life ever ever, even if an asteroid flattens this one. The experience leading up to it had so many highs and crashing lows that I think I have house buying PTSD. Every time I hear the word "solicitor", I now get the chills and start mumbling in tongues.
- My mum should legit be one of those Ikea elves that create rooms for people to look at in the "furniture zoo" section of the shop. I mean, look at this shit - I definitely wouldn't have put this lot together using my own brain:
Just .... *gestures* I spent a good few days genuinely welling up at how much I love my surroundings and how much my family must love me to give up their time to help make it look so nice.
Or maybe what I perceive as love is actually their "fear of allowing Becky to be within 50 feet of a drill and/or flat pack furniture." The Sunday we moved in, Andy had to deal with violent swings between
"I'm so happy! I love it here!" to "Waaah, I've done nothing to deserve to live somewhere so pretty! My family are too good for meeee! DON'T YOU DARE MOVE THAT COASTER, IT'S PERFECT WHERE IT IS!!"
I think I win at first world problems this month.
- I've started running again. Sort of. Through the NHS' Couch to 5k app, I've built up to running in 90 second intervals, which my aggro foot appears to be tolerating for now. Injury still infuriatingly "there", but at least on good stretches where it pretends that it's a normal, functioning foot, there is no pain at all, and aforementioned stretches are getting longer each time. *holds breath and crosses everything that this is the start of actual, long term recovery*
- There's been a change of gyms. In the name of time and petrol saving, I've been going to a local functional fitness (essentially Crossfit without the affiliation) gym called F.I.T Pontarddulais and enjoying it a lot. I do drag around a degree of guilt for not going to Outcast Strength & Fitness in Swansea anywhere near as often as I did (still going every now and then as a treat to myself. No way can I go cold turkey) because they got me to a place where I can fling more weight around than I ever could before, but the way things are at the minute, I'm enjoying the extra snippets of time I get to spend with my fur child (doggo) and my man child (boyo) during the week. I've also seen signs round this way for yoga classes, soooo...might be worth a go? If I'm going to cheat on my first love in group exercise, it may as well be with multiple facilities. Once a ho and all that.
Busy old month coming up, so I should have lots more to report soon. I have:
- Friend Wedding 1 of 4 (!!) in 2017 next week, as well as..
- A seminar on writing for children because maybe that's where my calling secretly lies, as I am a child trapped in a drinking, cursing adult's body after all. Or it could just be a bit of a fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon. Either way, I win.
- An all-day leaving do (*cough* drinking session) in Tenby with the work peeps for which I have already purchased 3 dresses...If anyone wants to follow me round Tenby and periodically hand me a costume change as I get increasingly nonsensical, please get in touch. I will pay you in cuddles and questionable life advice.
Right...I'm off to play with the doggy cam my sister got me as a housewarming gift. A has been in the same position for so long that I thought the screen was frozen, so I'd better go and make sure he's alright...Or I might use the "voice" function on it to scare the shit out of him. Heehee.
*gasp* d'you think he saw me? =/